Friday, November 9, 2007

Blue Man


So, to be honest, I don't really have any pictures of the epic, Post Post Halloween Party. I didn't feel like spending my evening lugging my camera around and/or getting blue paint on it. So, I am waiting for others to get their pics to me, which hopefully will be soon.

For now, all I have (at work right now) is this pic I took of myself on Halloween at work-yep we dress up at work! I do have some pics of Hallie that I'll have to put up this weekend when I get a chance.

How was the party you ask? Well, let me tell you. The turnout was pretty impressive, especially considering the party was in Heber this year at Jer's parent's cabin to avoid problems with neighbors and cops.

Many of the costumes were fantastic. There was Andy Lillian-who took first place-as a human pinata, the big dude, Lars, from Guitar Hero-complete with a Guitar Hero guitar-he took second place-and well, I don't want to brag, but I took third place. We had some pirates, some ghouls, James Bateman as a rosy-cheeked woman and Bryan Bostrom in a blow-up suit that made him an overweight woman were some of the things that stood out to me, though there were many more honorable mentions for sure.

The music was awesome. The Gutter Zombies reunited and added Dusty into the mix, playing an entire Clash cover set. Led by Tyler on vocals, who dressed up as the late Joe Strummer, and did, if I do say so, a very good job not only with the costume, but with the vocals. And of course The Pyschonauts put on another great show-their 5th year doing such. The bands played in front of a huge bed sheet that had the wonderful Evil Dead II being projected on it as a beautifully-gory backdrop that made for many hugh laughs and great entertainment during the bands' sets.

All in all, the party was a blast. About 15 or 20 slept over (if you call the 2 1/2-3 hours of sleep really sleeping) and enjoyed breakfast in the morning and some sepa sac.

A huge thank you to all involved and all who attended is in order: "THANK YOU!"

We'll see you next year!

9 comments:

Lacey Jane said...

Woah! What a sweet costume, Jeremy- you look fabulous! Can't wait to see Hallie's costume as well.

We were bummed we couldn't make the party... sounds like it was a hit, as usual!

... said...

epic does not begin to describe your blue head...

M said...

You look rad. That's the best costume I saw this year.

Amanda said...

You look awesome.I bet if you shaved your eye brows you would have won 1st! Can't wait to see more pictures.

James said...

I am so jealous that I could not make it. That sounds so amazing.

Shelby said...

Amazing costume. Did the paint itch? I would think so.

ferardandy said...

i love it. you're not a never-nude, are you?

Jeremy said...

Shelby-

no, thankfully the paint didn't itch, but it was still hard not to touch it on accident. It did start to bother me a bit when I got hot though.

Ferardandy-

What's never-nude?

Jesse C said...

I think it's another Tobias (spelling?) reference Jeremy. Sorry.