Thursday, June 12, 2008


One of the last shows I saw before my mission was The Get Up Kids with The Anniversary. At the show I bought The Anniversary's album, Designing a Nervous Breakdown, and only had about a month to absorb what I had seen live along with the record before I left on my mission, but I knew immediately I was hooked on this band.

Throughout my mission I would remember melodies from their first record and wonder what other Anniversary tunes would be waiting for me when I got home. Naturally when I heard their second record, Your Majesty, I was confused because it was almost nothing at all like their first. Over time I grew to like it even more than the first and respected them for not making the same record twice. It was a dark day for me in 2004 when I got word that they had called it quits after only two releases.

Today I just picked up a beautiful double disc b-sides and rarities album, Devil On Our Side, to review for SLUG Mag and I couldn't be any more stoked than I am right now. I'm halfway through the first disc as I type and feel like I am fulfilling a four-year-long craving. It is splendid. Please do yourself a favor and buy it.

1 comment:

Jesse C said...

I'll have to check that out