Monday, January 25, 2010

Total Eclipse of the Heart

In high school, Friday nights were the pinnacle of the week. The release of pent up teenage emotion from a hard week at school (ha, I wish life was that 'hard' still). Friday night plans usually started being discussed among friends beginning on Tuesday because, man the week was such a drag. So the second the school bell rang on Friday afternoon, all bets were off. Despite all the talk during the week about how awesome Friday night was going to be when we were all hanging out and free of our stress, on occasion, the night would totally bomb and nothing would end up happening. You remember right?

Well, in my group of friends on a wasted Friday night, this usually meant we ended up in front of the TV watching something stupid because we didn't have anything better to do. Last resort boredom. So depressing. But then there was Jesse. One of his favorite things to do in these instances was to find a program that looked ridiculous, hit the mute button and do all the dialogue for the characters on the TV. Some nights this would seriously go on for a couple hours if the show was right and those involved (led by Jesse) were feelin' it just right. Ah, the memories.

This last Saturday night, my friend Tony showed me this video of the 80s song, "Total Eclipse of the Heart," and I almost died. It totally reminded me of those bombed Friday nights when Jesse would lead a group of friends in improvising an entire movie while the mute button was on. This video is genius. Really. It is dang funny. The people that do the voice over singing are amazing. And the best part is, the video footage is the real music video for the song that we all know. Man, what was wrong with the person who came up with the concept to this video? You'll know what I mean after watching it.

7 comments:

Brady said...

Wow. First of all, epic video for sure.

I totally remember doing that, and Jesse never seemed to tire of it.

However, this is how I remember most of our Friday nights going:

Shawn: This is lame, lets do something.

Friend: What do you want to do?

Shawn: Anything but this.

Friend: How about bowling?

Shawn: Bowling's lame, let's do something else.

Friend: How about we call ____ and see if she wants to hang out?

Shawn: I don't want to hang out with her.

Friend: Well what do you want to do then?

Shawn: I don't care, anything.

Shawn would then continue rejecting every idea for an hour, while coming up with no suggestions, all the while, complaining that we never do anything. Good times.

Jeremy said...

Wow Brady. You nailed it. That's exactly how it would go most of the time. Thanks for the laugh.

Jesse C said...

Wow Brady, that was incredibly accurate.

And thank you Jeremy for giving me another reason to be embarrassed about my teenage years.

Jeremy said...

Jesse-it's not your fault you were awesome. And besides, I'd be willing to bet that you still like to do it on occasion! Am I right? Be honest.

Erin said...

That video is hilarious!

ali said...

I think that ninja is really a ballerina/jazz dancer. Just sayin'.

That song is epic. The real one.

Amanda said...

WOW!