
Over the last couple years something funny has consistently come to my attention from people that have become my friends and it cracks me up every time I hear it. Apparently before people get to know me, they think I'm a real tuff guy and are really scared of me and intimidated. Of course after getting to know me, they see how big of a softy I am. And I really am. I'm not entirely ashamed to admit that I'll shed tears during a movie or television show if it hits me right. It is embarrassing however, that I have been known to cry whilst watching a commercial or two (though I never did until after Cambria came along, so I like to push the blame to her on that one).
So what is it? The beard? The skull shirts? The music? The overpowering soda mugs? I'm curious.
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Come on, it's just ME!
Labels:
Misc.,
Thoughts/Thinking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I don't know, but I had that same Big Wheel. It even got stolen and I loved it so much I got a new one for my birthday. Night Rider I believe??? We could have been friends when we were kids.
I don't know exactly why, but I remember thinking the same thing. Maybe because you get really worked up over some of the smallest things. It is passion, but it might come across as aggression.
I had a very similar Transformers Big Wheel. I would pay money to drive an adult sized big wheel.
I knew Hallie before I met you, so I was never "scared" of you because I knew Hallie would be married to someone awesome!
And I had a "My Pretty Pony" big wheel. SoooooOoo girlie!
All of the above. Mainly I think it was the "Stupid rules don't apply to me" kind of aura you give off, but it's a great aura :)
Can I take a stab at this? I admit I was one of those severely intimidated by you. I think mostly because you knew who you were, and weren't swayed easily. Although that's what intimidated me, it's also what made me come to respect you. You're an easily likable guy under that seemingly hard front you expose! :o)
I never had a big wheel, just one of those trikes from the early 1940's. (no joke) Love your pic!
i never thought you were scary, just super nice. i'm used to big tough looking softies, as pretty much thats how my whole family rolls.
I first realized you were hard core as missionaries when I saw you ruthlessly pimp slapping the little frightened Elders who apparently owed you money. Ok, not really, but I do remember you had an obnoxiously ugly neck tie which was funny. And it was obvious that you had a cool personality and everybody liked you.
Post a Comment