Friday, August 3, 2007

Today I...


...wanted to jump through my computer and punch a few different people in the face. Ever have one of those days? I'm having it right now.

I don't understand why people can't just do their jobs? One of my biggest pet peeves is people who don't do their job and because they don't do their job, I can't do my job the way I need to.

Let me just say this: for all those of you who love music so dearly (I include myself in that statement as well), just know that seeing it live comes at a serious cost to those of us in the office, who sit day-after-day at a desk, attached to the phone and fingers glued to a computer keyboard. And that's the easiest part really. It's the stress of everything (crossing your fingers for an e-mail bearing the news you need to hear, on your knees by the fax machine praying it will spit out an offer that will be adequate and hoping a band makes it across a border so you don't have to deal with foreign officials at 3 a.m.) that causes the nightmares, sleepless nights and weekends that are spent working to fix a problem because someone couldn't do their friggin' job right. Booking shows and seeing live music comes at a cost-so appreciate it!

4 comments:

Lacey Jane said...

Hope your day ended up getting a little better.

Thanks for your insight; I don't think many of us realize what it takes to bring live music to our state... but, we truly do appreciate it! Keep up the good work, ya hear?

Jeremy said...

Thanks Lacey! I appreciate that!

I never realized how much went into a single show, let alone a whole tour, until I started my job!

Nicole said...

haha! belive me you are appreciated!

Jeremy said...

Thanks Nicole-I KNOW you truely understand!