I was listening to some music today and thought back to when I originally heard it and how I, at first, didn't appreciate it the same as I do now and I got to thinking about other Artists and albums that took some unraveling to fully understand.
What are some Artists and albums that took a few listens for you to appreciate and fully "Get it," and once you did, couldn't get enough?
Here's 5 of mine:
1. The Promise Ring-Woodwater
2. Coheed & Cambria-In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3
3. Pedro The Lion-It's Hard To Find A Friend
4. Frightened Rabbit-Sing The Greys
5. Neutral Milk Hotel-In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
Ok, I can't help myself:
6. Thrice-Vheissu
I'm aware that I've gone crazy with posts lately, but sometimes you've got it, sometimes you don't.
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
I Don't Get It...Wait...Got It
Labels:
Lists,
Misc.,
Music,
Thoughts/Thinking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Glad to see Frightened Rabbit on there! I listen to it at least once a week.
saves the day - through being cool
Once i figured out what the words were, I was hooked!
Same: Saves the day. I'm sure there are many others, but I'm to lazy to brainstorm right now...
I think I'd have to agree with Saves The Day to a point as well.
I agree about Saves the Day. It was mostly their lyrics that separated them from all the bands who had a similar sound.
Lagwagon, Duh. It was my first exposure to music of the punk revival. I didn't really get it at first, but after a couple more listens I really loved it. I wonder from time to time what they might have achieved if they had stayed with their punk/metal sound from this first album.
The Format. I immediately labeled them as another whiny emo band. I was wrong, and they are really good. Great lyrics, and their sophomore album proves their songwriting ability, creativity, and talent. RIP.
Word Jesse. Format RIP
Post a Comment