Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Fab Four

Phew...things have been a whirlwind lately. It seems like ever since Izzy joined the Wilkins trio and created the Wilkins Fab Four, life has been a blur.

Hallie and I (mostly Hallie) have been trying to figure out this whole, dealing with more than one kid thing, which is not easy as many of you have found out yourselves. Izzy's great though. She sleeps really well for a youngster her age and she doesn't give us too many problems thankfully. Cambria on the other hand, while having adapted amazingly well, has not been as good as her younger sister. She's got a "Jeckyl & Hyde," thing going. One second she couldn't be any sweeter and the next we wonder what in the world pissed her off so bad. But mostly, she's been a huge help and I'm sure will be even more-so as she and Izzy get older.

I've been running around between home, work and school like I'm overdosing on Meth and Speed. I'm lucky enough (faarrrrt!) to have all my classes in sync with each other right now, so all my projects are assigned and due at the same time. As if art wasn't hard enough, I'm trying to keep up with all of it being due at the same time. I love my classes though (yes, even Graphic Interface). And I love and respect all my professors, which helps a great deal. Now, I just have to get good at being a night owl in order to get my homework done. It's funny, with my first degree, and when I was single, I used to think it was a wasted day if I went to sleep before 2 or 3 a.m, my how being married and having kids have changed me. Before all this craziness, I felt that if I didn't have myself to bed by 10:30, I just didn't know how I'd make it through the next day.

And Hallie? Well, I'm not a fan of pouring my heart out in the public blogosphere, but she is amazing. She does such a great job with both Cambria and Izzy, even though she'd never admit how awesome she is. Her patience astounds me. Somehow, she keeps it all together day after day. I come home to two happy girls, a beautiful wife, a clean house, and a home-cooked meal almost every single night. I feel so bad because Tue/Thurs are especially long days, (I leave home at 7:25 a.m. and get home anywhere from 7:30-8:30 p.m.) and no complaints, just a smile. Thanks Hallie, you mean the world to me.

Well, that's us lately. The short version anyway :-)

3 comments:

Jesse C said...

Great post. Love you guys.

Brady said...

Give me a call if you figure out how to handle two. We still don't have a clue how to get a good night's sleep, and Austin is 14 months old.

Jessica said...

reminds me of my sugar-free rockstar days. hang in there.