
VS.
I know, I know, this was already an outdated post before I even started to write it. I have finally seen both Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. I was quite a bit behind the crowd in seeing both flicks, but have now caught up. I first saw Hot Fuzz on my trusty iPod because Ty West gave it to me from his iPod right before a trip him and I took with my work (Hallie had a wedding and was unable to come with me, so I pretended to be a bachelor for the weekend) to Vegas for the Tiger Army record release show. I was laying in my hotel bed early one morning and couldn't sleep any longer, so I began to watch HF. I was blown away. I couldn't stop laughing and didn't realize how loud I was being with my headphones blocking the level of my laughter. I don't think Tyler appreciated how much I enjoyed the movie however because when I finished I looked over at him in his bed and he had his pillow over his head, obviously to block the obnoxious laughing so he could continue sleeping.
That was my first viewing of HF and I have since overdone it and seen it another 5-6 times in the last two months, but still enjoy it and find new things to appreciate each time.
For the last week I have been searching relentlessly for Shaun of the Dead to see if it really is BETTER than HF as nearly all who have seen both films have told me. I finally found it last night, someone must've just barely returned it. So I watched it last night and well, it was pretty amazing, but I really think HF has it beat. S of the D was a great Zombie movie for sure, hitting all the right chords, but there was something lacking. Maybe it was all the hype, I don't know. I feel like HF was a tighter script and dialogue, better filming and the humor and violence were much more clever. But what I want to know is what all of YOU think. Come on, that's right-send in your feedback, I want to hear it!
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
SHAUN OF THE DEAD VS. HOT FUZZ
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I have only seen Hot Fuzz and I thought it was pretty funny.
James-I got your call last night, but it was in the closing minutes of Shaun of the Dead. I'll call you tonight or tomorrow, but we are down to chill when you're here.
You ought to check out S of the D though if you liked HF!
I think I'll take Shaun but probably just because there is a warm spot in my heart for zombies. But Hot Fuzz is probably funnier all the way through.
Yo "HJ," (Hallie and Jeremy)
I always see your posts on other's blogs, but never realized you had your own...UNTIL NOW!
Shaun of the Dead is a better movie, in my opinion. Hot Fuzz was fantastic for the last 20 minutes or so, but Shaun was fantastic for two hours.
Both deserve Oscars.
Post a Comment