Wednesday, September 12, 2007

work, work, work,

So I had one of my favorite phone calls yet here at Promontory, it went like this:

"Thank you for calling Promontory, this is Hallie how can I help you?"

"Hallie, I really hope you can help me this morning."

" What can I do to help you today."

"Well, I left my car on last night to charge my cell phone and I forgot to turn it off before I went to bed, and now I can't get it to start and I need to get my daughter to school. Do you know anyone who could give me a ride?"

The rest of the conversation was just me telling her that I did not have anyone who could come pick her up. But wow leaving the car on all night to charge a cell phone, now that is super smart and really environmentally friendly!

Oh and we had diversity training yesterday! I was looking forward to it being more like "The Office", it wasn't. But hey I got to get out of my desk for a while and be diversified, I feel much better now.

6 comments:

Jeremy said...

I often wonder if when people like this often hear the sound of a steady breeze wisping through their empty skull...

mckenzie said...

Hallie,
THis is Nancy on McKenzie's blog. Don't give Megan ideas about the Alex visit. ha-ha. Have a Great Day!

drew said...

Holy crap! That cracked me up.

Natalie said...

Thanks for the warning- I'll try to remember not to do that!

James said...

That is pretty funny stuff. I hate to admit that I have done something possibly more stupid than this before. And no Jeremy, I have never heard wind blowing through my empty skull. Now that I think of it, it is a bit breazy down here in M town.

ali said...

That's amazing.