Though there was no formal party-outside of a 64 ounce mug full of Diet Mountain Dew-yesterday was Cambria's one week birthday.
We've learned a lot in the last week, though I know we haven't even begun to scratch the surface of parenting. It's funny, no one ever tells you the real truth about becoming parents and I think it's because you can't. It's impossible to express the overload of emotions, both happy, sad and everything in between, that speed through you like a freight train. One second you've never been happier and the next you might be close to a complete and total nervous breakdown and beyond that, it's anybody's guess what is about to come to pass. A lot of the unstable nature of early parenting is probably due to the lack of sleep and the overwhelming feeling of responsibility that has recently overpowered you like a fire consuming a dead forest in the heat of the summer. Throughout the week we've been lucky to have so much support from all our family and friends and have been assured that things do get better and life does indeed return to some form of normalcy. The one thing I know for sure, without any question, is that I love my daughter.
Here are a few images from the past week to recap:




Sunday, October 19, 2008
A Little Sleep and Lots of Love
Labels:
Baby Wilkins,
News,
Thoughts/Thinking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
She is beautiful- yes, nobody warns you, but even if they did, would you have listened? We are so glad that Cambria is now at home!! How is Halle's recovery?
Okay Hallie and Jeremy...there are definate highs and lows in parenting. Without a doubt, bringing your first baby home is beyond words. You were right that noone ever told you just how fantastic AND terrifying it was going to be...it's something you have to experience to know. But wouldn't you agree that the highs and joys you have known this past week are the true meaning in life?
Congrats. Again, she is BEEEAUTIFUL!
Jeremy, I think you explained being a new parent to a T. I personally had no idea whatsoever I was getting into. I mean, I was shocked to find out that I had to wake up in the middle of the night not just once, but multiple times to feed Sam. It really was a lot to bite off.
I'm so happy for you guys on the other hand. Parenting can be so rad. I mean every stage has neat stuff. For instance, right now I'm loving it when I walk into Sam's room when he's saying he's awake and ready to get up, and the minute I walk in the room he says, "Hi mommy!" It rocks.
She is so precious. It was so nice to meet her this weekend.
What a cutie. I can't wait to meet her!
Good job, and hang in there!
Oh Hallie she is precious! Congrats!
She is so sweet and cute! It was so nice to meet and hold her - what a snuggle bunny. I look forward to seeing her with her eyes open! Oh - Shauna from HR sends her love, Hallie - HA HA HA!
All I can say is just go with the flow! She is beautiful, she has more hair then Karra does and she is 2, love it!
Thanks everyone for alll your love and support! Little Cambria is a doll and it's so amazing that she is ours... who knew we'd make such a cute little thing!
She is totally a mini Hallie... she is way cute, good job you two. Hallie you should give me a call, I want to hear all about your labor and the bebe.. hope your doing well!
I love her hair and what a beautiful face. My favorite picture is Cambria with Jeremy. I can't wait to meet her.
She is beautiful, thanks for letting us invade and schnorgle her last night.
What a beautiful baby. When do I get to babysit?
Well Put!! Staci just had a baby as well (Oct 5...I think). Anyway, we were talking on the phone about how hard it can be, especially at first little while and she said, why didn't you tell me. I really didn't know how to respond to her question. But you're right...you can't! It's just something you have to experience for yourself. And it's the best thing ever! She's adorable!
Post a Comment