
Well, not as many people threw out guesses as I would have hoped, but thanks for the three amigos that did. A couple days after completing the post, I realized I accidentally made it a trick question-only because I put "Punk," as one of the choices without really thinking about it. While there aren't actually any quotes from 100% punk bands, some may be considered a form of punk. After I realized it, I decided to leave it to make things interesting and see if anyone would choose punk.
Here are the answers:
1. Country/folk (Band of Annuals)
2. Hardcore (Better Than A Thousand)
3. Folk (Dustin Kensrue)
4. Metal/hardcore/rock (Hatebreed)
5. Hardcore/punk (Gorilla Biscuits)
6. Metal/rock (Thrice)
7. Church (Julia de Azevedo)
8. Hardcore (Shutdown)
9. Country (Johnny Cash)
10. Hardcore (Sick Of It All)
I was impressed by how well your guesses were overall. Thanks for leaving a comment and satisfying my curiosity!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Name That Tune: Revealed
Labels:
Challenges,
Music
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
nailed it. I didn't really know how you'd classify Thrice but still got 'em all. I bet you didn't know that Better Than a Thousand was quoting Longfellow in that song, did you?
You're too smart for your own good Dusty Dewey Wickham. Mr. Smarty Wickhampants.
Good job.
Post a Comment