Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Cambria sat on Santa's lap tonight-Christmas Eve-and from the looks of it, she didn't quite know what to think. The look it her eyes, makes me laugh out loud every time I see the photo. And yes, we dressed her up in this silly outfit. Oh boy, I can't wait until she's older and is soo embarassed by the photos of her in her first Christmas outfit! One word: blackmail!On a more serious note, I LOVE this time of year. Of course growing up the magic of Santa and presents makes it hard to remember the real reason for the holiday, but as you get older, it is easier to see through the commercialism of the holiday and feel the true spirit of Christmas become manifest. This month's LDS home teaching message from President Monson puts it well: "Giving, not getting, brings to full bloom the Christmas spirit. Enemies are forgiven, friends remembered, and God obeyed. The spirit of Christmas illuminates the picture window of the soul, and we look out upon the world’s busy life and become more interested in people than things. To catch the real meaning of the “spirit of Christmas,” we need only drop the last syllable, and it becomes the “Spirit of Christ.” People truly act different this time of year and this year I have been especially touched by people's charity and giving. Not only has the arrival of Cambria made this year a special and memorable one, but the people who have so graciously given of themselves in our behalf. I believe that people are inherently good, but Christmas magnifies this in people. If we could all only follow the counsel of President Monson and drop the "mas," on Christmas and all always have the true spirit of the season in our lives, we would be our best selves everyday and not just a few weeks out of the year.

Anyways, just some thoughts. I hope you all have/had a very merry Christmas!

6 comments:

Bryan and Carrie said...

Hahaha! What an awesome picture. Your family pics are way sweet too. Bryan likey.

Jesse C said...

Holy, that picture is awesome. She is so cute, and the look on her face is priceless! I'm glad you had a merry christmas, and I fully agree with your thoughts on the holiday.

Anonymous said...

Oh my adorable!! I've never seen a "Deer in the headlights" look on a baby that little!!

Nicole Moultrie said...

Yeah I finally found a computer!:) You three are looking just fabulous...even a little more rested than last time we saw you:) Sure love ya! Hope you had the happiest holidays ever!

Amanda said...

That picture is amazing!

Hey, can I ask how you got the link on the side of your blog that tells you when a blog has been updated? I waste so much time going through everyone's blog.

sara, ryan, and lucy said...

That picture totally cracks me up. I wish Lucy could have met Santa this year... I'm sure she would have hated it.