I've enjoyed reading everyone else's 100 things over the last several months and figured I would do my own for fun. So here it is! Hopefully you don't think I'm a weirdo!
1. My first semester at USU I realized black was my favorite color. It was like a weird revelation.
2. Because I have so many black shirts now, I’ve been trying to buy different colored shirts, but the shirts I enjoy the most 99% of the time happen to be black. Go figure.
3. In college I died my hair black. Not sure what I was thinking.
4. People said they liked it, then later told me I looked like a “Fag.” Since then, I don’t believe people when they tell me I look good for whatever reason.
5. When I had my terrible black hair Liza told me I should dye my eyebrows black to match my hair. I did. HUGE mistake. I looked like Charlie Chaplin. For the next two days I wore bandanas and beanies real low, until I bleached them back to resemble their natural color.
6. The bleaching process caused all the skin underneath to be eaten away and I had nauseating scabs under my eyebrows for a month.
7. The infamous Chris Brown gave me the nickname “Dr. J,” and it stuck all the way through high school and is still occasionally used by close friends.
8. When I was in kindergarten I thought that sex was kissing. I had a crush on a family friends’ daughter and wrote her a note asking her if she’d have sex with me (thinking sex was a kiss of course-don’t you dare confuse this!) and then crumpled the note up and put it behind my bathroom toilet where my mom found it and read it and FREAKED out. I didn’t understand why a kiss was such a big deal. I should probably clear this up with her someday.
9. I am a proud survivor of the Black Death (Bubonic Plague)! Well, the doctors said it was that or Lime disease. I’ll take the Black Death, much cooler.
10. I knew without a doubt after dating Hallie for one month that she was who I was supposed to be with forever.
11. I met Hallie indirectly through Liza when Tyler was dating her, but really got to know her when Jesse was dating her. Months after they broke up (and after I cleared things with Jesse) Hallie and I began dating.
12. Rick Springfield wrote the classic: “Jesse’s Girl,” and well, technically I have Jesse’s girl.
13. I am an only child and I hate the stereotyping that comes with that title.
14. I’ve been hit by cars two different times and within inches of getting plowed by a bus downtown one time.
15. I’ve lived in CA, TX, UT, FL, KY, IN.
16. I have issues with getting stressed. That is no big surprise to anyone who has known me for long.
17. Music has had the largest impact on my personality, interests and clothing styles.
18. In high school I didn’t listen to the radio once. When Will Smith came out with “Gettin’ Jiggy…”and people were using that term, I had no idea what they were talking about.
19. Good punk rock is the purest and most honest music ever created.
20. I thought I was so punk rock in middle school and high school that I refused to listen to anything besides punk (Billy Joel was ok for whatever reason though). And if I did I felt I was betraying “My scene.”
21. I have lightened up a lot since then and now enjoy many musical genres, though I have punk and college to thank for helping me find music that is not commercial bull poop.
22. Billy Joel is amazing. I don’t think that needs any explanation.
23. I wish I could go on my mission again. It was the hardest and most rewarding and fun time of my life. I dream about being on a mission again on a semi-regular basis.
24. I find all religions and their histories very interesting, as well as the bible (and Book of Mormon) and wish I could study and talk religion all day everyday.
25. I have been growing my beard since June and plan to until the day after Halloween.
26. I once quit dating a girl because she couldn’t understand why I liked skulls and skeletons so much. I told her they were cool, besides I was raised on Goonies, Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean (the ride of course)-Duh!
27. Dream A Little Dream is the best movie ever made. Period.
28. I used to get offended if people didn’t like it as much as I did. I just barely learned to accept that other people don’t have to be obsessed with it like I am about a month ago. However, I am still surprised when I hear people didn’t like it much.
29. Some other favorite movies are: Fletch, Gleaming the Cube, Some Kind of Wonderful, The Burbs, Funny Farm, Big Trouble in Little China, The Lost Boys, etc.
30. I used to make fun of people who drank diet soda and now I drink it religiously.
31. My friends have always been like family to me.
32. I feel gross inside when I think about middle school. What a terrible time in life-figuring out who you are and want to be. Awkward.
33. High school was really tuff at first. I had classes with not ONE person I knew. Things were pretty sketchy for me until I became friends with Brady, Vince and Curtis.
34. I used to get in fights in middle school a lot.
35. I once punched a kid in the face because he called me gay and said something bad about my mom. The school defended me. He never messed with me again.
36. Hallie does more for me than I deserve.
37. My senior year of high school my friends and I came up with the Old School Crew-our 80s skateboarding crew. We still claim it to this day. Our slogan, if you will, was/is OSC for Life. So far so good.
38. Right after OSC’s inception, we used to leave school and all meet at the Smith’s house to skate and we would loiter around there all day long. I’m not sure why we did that really. But I feel kinda bad about it cause it must have been really annoying for Paul and Cheryl and their neighbors.
39. Old school skate boarding turned into longboarding after we graduated.
40. One of my “Guilty pleasure,” bands is Third Eye Blind.
41. I once drank a 24 pack of Dr. Pepper in a weekend. Yes, I had a problem.
42. I married Hallie-whom Jesse dated, Ryan Lee married Lindsey-who I dated in high school, Austin married Jessica-who I dated in college, Brady married Amanda-who dated Jim and Landon and wrote me on my mission, Jeff married Lacey-who dated James…I find it all interesting.
43. One of my biggest pet peeves is squeezing the toothpaste out from the middle and not the bottom.
44. I’m an obsessive compulsive when it comes to making sure doors are locked. I have a problem.
45. I used to beg and beg my dad to stand on my Hot Wheels while I rode it, until one day he finally did and it broke. My bad.
46. I am good at getting myself involved in too many things at once.
47. I have worked for SLUG Magazine in one capacity or another for about four years.
48. If I had my way I’d be a full time photographer.
49. I hate Carrot Top the comedian and if I could wish death on one person without sounding sadistic or like a horrible person, it would be him without question.
50. Pepsi is better than Coke.
51. V8 drinks make me dry heave.
52. I once saw Ryan Lee pick up a baseball-sized burning red coal with his bare hand and it didn’t even hurt him.
53. The Office is the best show on TV right now. Another no-brainer.
54. Sam Rami is awesome. So are his movies.
55. I collect beer cozies. I have a huge box of them in my room at my parent’s house. Hallie has been trying to get me to stop and I probably should.
56. I have more shoes than Hallie and am always on the lookout for the next good pair!
57. My job stresses me out, but I think I’m getting better at dealing with the stress.
58. I’ve come to the conclusion that life is never as hard as you think it is and that it keeps getting progressively harder, so I should be better at seizing the day while it’s easier than tomorrow.
59. I felt more ready to have kids when I was first married. Then I began paying back my school loans, got a car payment and a mortgage and started to feel differently, but feel that kids aren’t too far off.
60. The Promise Ring is amazing.
61. I used to plan my college class schedule around when people would be hanging our in the Hub and what potential schedule would give me the most Hub time.
62. I once took a class cause a girl I liked was taking it.
63. Tyler West and I once came up with an elaborate plan for approaching a girl for the first time and it worked! But the girl I approached ended up having a boyfriend. To which I replied: “Crap.” I avoided her the rest of the semester.
64. Later I ended up dating her briefly. She turned out to be a nutcase.
65. I once took a girl out for the first time and encountered a girl who I had recently decided I wasn’t going to call anymore cause she was nuts (I know I just said the aforementioned girl was nuts too-this is a different one and she really was!) and she approached me and chewed me out for not calling her right in front of the girl I was with. That among other horrendous things that night led to me never hanging out with her again. However, Jesse and Bryan Bostrom both tried to date her later on. No luck for either of them.
66. I love camping.
67. I was once paid $10-$15 to chug a can or two of soda, a two liter of soda and eat a bag of chips and then run around camp 20 times.
68. I’ve thrown up so many times over drinking or eating dares that I cannot keep track anymore. Hallie has done wonders for monitoring the stupid bets that I consider attempting. Thanks Hallie.
69. In high school my friends and I blew up a port-a-potty with a dry ice bomb and narrowly escaped a chase with the cops.
70. Some of my best memories have been made at the Smith’s cabin in Island Park, ID.
71. Watching Jer Post and Jesse Crowley have a conversation in high school was a real special thing to witness! Jer: can barely hear. Jesse: barely audible.
72. My iPod has changed the way I do many things. Lame, but true.
73. I wish I could say I wasn’t into burning CDs from people, but I am. Unless it is a really small band that needs the money and then I try and buy it at their show so the money goes straight to them and not the label.
74. I had a mission companion who had stuffed animals he would take with us in the car and buckle in. He would tell them bedtime stories and tuck them in. He also had imaginary friends. I ended up really liking being his companion oddly enough.
75. My mission companions were half and half-half normal, half crazy.
76. During a low point on my mission (which would make sense if I had 30 pages to write) I would lie in my bed at night and look at my window and wonder if I could jump out and just break enough bones to go home for a month or two and come back and have a new companion. The president’s assistants’ advice for me dealing with his crap was to beat the crap out of him…seriously-they weren’t joking.
77. The best buffet I have ever experience was in Washington, IN. It was an Amish buffet called The Black Buggy. Amazing, simply amazing.
78. One of the hardest summers of my life was when I sold Living Scriptures, but I have countless amazing memories from it and I learned a lot about many different things, so I consider it time well-spent, though I was dead broke by the end and would have made better money working at Wendy’s for the summer.
79. I don’t ever crave candy.
80. Big Gulps will be the death of me though.
81. Some of my fondest memories as a young child were summer mornings when my mom would come into my room and open my blinds to let the sun in and say “Rise and shine!”
82. My mom is a great example of handling trials well.
83. My dad is a great example of compassion and understanding.
84. Many people in Kentucky and Indiana really do talk like that guy in the movie, Waterboy.
85. I think it’s awesome to look at who we all were growing up and see where everyone’s lives are going now.
86. I love winter.
87. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s is my favorite time of year. I have huge bouts of depression when the holidays are over.
88. I’m not ashamed that I occasionally cry in movies (mostly).
89. Lacey Critchfield, Bryan Bostrom and I once went to see Charly one day when we were bored and without knowing what it was. I made fun of the movie all the way through until the last 35 minutes or so when I started sobbing uncontrollably and made a fool of myself. I’ll never live that down. Ever.
90. I used to dare people to watch Charly and not cry and if they didn’t I told them they were heartless. Ryan and Lindsey bought me the DVD.
91. Quite possibly the most fun year of my life was the year of the “Crap House,” on 3rd east in Logan with James, Jesse, Tyler, Mark and Dave.
92. I, like many others, want to move back to Logan. But I plan to do it in the next 3-4 years (fingers crossed).
93. I pride myself on being a good friend, but think I’m not as good a friend sometimes as I think I am.
94. My car has nearly 220,000 miles on it and I don’t think it is ever going to die.
95. I wish camera equipment wasn’t so expensive.
96. I don’t like violent movies, unless it is over-the-top violence ala Dawn of the Dead, Evil Dead, etc.
97. I avoided blogging for a really long time, but finally gave in. I still feel like a dork though.
98. I usually don’t like to take naps because I feel like I am wasting my free time and many times wake up cranky.
99. I once finished finals and had the day after planned to do absolutely nothing, but have fun and unwind. I spent the day by myself because everyone else was still taking their finals. I watched Rocky IV, ate food and took several naps. It was a severely long and a humongous let down of a day.
100. I love to reminisce old times.
Thursday, August 9, 2007
100 Things About ME (Jeremy)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I am glad that you made this list. I was laughing throughout the whole thing.
#3 I remember one of your jerk roommates used to draw pictures of your funny black eyebrows and hair on our white board in the kitchen. I remember how some of those pictures were hidden behind papers on the white board – only to be discovered days later and further infuriate you.
#8 This is one incredible story I have never heard before.
#15 I know you are trying to forget about that summer, but you did live in Nevada for 4 months.
#27 I disagree, but we can talk about that another time. I don’t like it at all really. Sorry if that upsets you.
#71 I am laughing out loud at this one. I can only imagine it being like converstations between my dad and Jesse. It usually ends with my dad getting frustrated and saying, “I don’t speak mumble.”
#93 One of the best.
Wow good job Jer! sorry about #43 i really don't try too!
74
63
8
49
26
89
-In that order.
Fabulous.
James-I believe I have been witness to the "I don't speak mumble," commentary before...quite amazing!
Wow did I love that whiteboard. It was such a good way to blow off steam about annoying things we would to and just laugh about it, but still get the point across.
James, I would never forget that summer...sleeping in fields with cows walking around us, sleeping in parking lots on cots, waking up and driving to the campground to use the bathroom and showers. Not too mention, all of us dancing and singing along with "Easy Money," when we thought we were going to make 30 grand a piece. The list goes on and on...
That's ok Hallie-you put up with much less trivial things from me everyday!
27. Can you ever go wrong with the Coreys? (Feldman and Haim that is). I too share a love for this movie. The opening scene of this movie is classic, with them getting ready for school.
You had that incredible black hair at my wedding. We have some pretty incriminating pictures of you with that nasty hair and some with a pretty scary mustache. I'll send them to you someday.
#42 I don't know all these people, but I have often said that this whole group feels a bit incestuous at times. Your description explains my feelings so well.
I kept waiting for Dave's favorite mission story of yours (which he LOVES to tell) about lack of a toilet and what you did to solve the problem. I won't elaborate since it's your embarrassing story to share.
I could comment on the entire list because the whole thing made me laugh.
#74 Was this the companion that used the couch with you to take care of #2's?
This was hilarious! Thanks Jeremy. The whole thing was great!
Dave-No it wasn't. Be careful how you reference that incident, people might get some weird ideas.
So when are we going to see you guys?
Jeremy, I am still laughing so hard about this list. You are so dang funny!
Jeremy: you are an amazing human. Words cannot describe how much I enjoyed reading this, so I'm not gonna try.
Curtis loves to reminisce old times too, and most of them include you.
Hahaha! Holy crap. I have actually never been to your blog before today. I Google'd my own name and it came up in this incredible blog entry of yours. Some good friggin memories there. Well, I'll blog you later blogger.
Post a Comment