Friday, October 5, 2007

5 THINGS...Tagged By My Lovely Wife

Five Things I Was Doing 10 Years Ago (I was 16):

1. I was a junior in high school and was living teenage life to its fullest, ie: hanging out everyday after school, being an ass in general-you know how high school guys are; pranks, loud and annoying, etc. But I like to think my friends and I were above that and we were just cool.

2. Fully immersed in my punk rock-never sell out world-and constantly shunning bands that received any kind of notoriety or recognition that I did not approve of. I don't think I listened a single radio airwave this entire year-it was corporate rock (worse than Satan himself).

3. This year Curtis, Jeremy Reitz and I had an art class together. We mostly airbrushed t-shirts and posters of our favorite bands, while the rest of the class worked on real assignments. I'm not sure why the teacher liked us so much.

4. Weekends were spent at Brady Flamm's house trying to impress girls and taking them on "frightening," llama walks.

5. Girls volleyball and men's soccer were a staple that year-no matter how far we had to travel. I think we even rode the bus with the volleyball team to a game once-don't ask me why cause I don't know, maybe they just appreciated all our awesome cheering. That year birthed the infamous soccer "BBQ VIPS."

Five Things On My To-do List Today:

1. Finish work without yelling at several promoters to get me show offers they've been telling me for over a week they were going to send.

2. Pick my scooter up from the shop where it is receiving its first tune-up.

3. Let last night's acoustic Saves The Day show sink in. It was amazing. They played several songs from their first record--I've never heard them play anything from their first record! And the show's sound was very impressive.

4. Hang out with some good friends and forget the stress of the week.

5. Let Hallie know how much I appreciate her and all she does for me and us collectively.

Five Things I Would Do With One Million Dollars:

1. Pay off ALL my debts and my parents and other families' debts.

2. Buy a house and move to Cache Valley!

3. Purchase all the camera and computer equipment I could ever hope to need.

4. Take Hallie on the best vacations of her life, then Hallie and all our family.

5. Do photography full time and have Hallie be a stay-at-home mother and live off my photography and the bank interest.

Five Things I Will Never Wear Again:

1. Huge pants. Eww.

2. Most of my mesh "trucker hats," because I'll never have long hair again since I'm going bald...and without the hair my ears poke out weird.

3. Anything that remotely resembles clothes I would have worn in middle school and my first year of high school. My mom would always tell me I looked homeless. At the time I thought she was being mean, but looking at photos from that time period, she was going easy on me. It didn't help that my hair was a new color every month and at varying lengths.

That's really all I can come up with for that...especially considering I've still got concert t-shirts from middle and high school that I wear!

Five Favorite Toys:

1. My Nikon D-80.

2. My iPod...life has never been the same.

3. New scooter.

4. Do hoodies, jackets, shoes and hats count? I feel like they are toys because I love them.

5. Longboard

Well, there you go! Probably more than you wanted to know.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I got a good laugh out of that. Thanks! Our blog is a sad, sad site compared to yours. It was good to hear from you guys and I will keep in touch.
Amanda

Brady said...

For the record, they were Emu hunts, although the llamas were known to attack as well...

Jeremy said...

Yes, Brady, I stand corrected.

Thekrogwoman said...

Jeremy, so it's been forever and I found your blog, don't really know how, but I did. Anyway, I was reading your list of things you were doing 10 years ago. I couldn't help but smile when I read about the "llama hunts" at Brady's house. I had a major blast from the past moment! Then Billy Joel's "My Life" started playing and I had to comment! You are burned into my memory whenever I hear Billy Joel!! Sorry to 'stalk' your blog, but I just wanted to say hi. I guess it's not stalking unless I don't identify myself, right!! Take care and 'Keep it real'! :o)

Angie Krog (Allen)

Jeremy said...

Angie! Holy what? This is crazy! Seriously earlier this week I was thinking to myself, "I wonder how Angie is doing?"

I'm so glad you left a comment!

Doesn't thinking about llama and emu hunts take you way back to a time that seems like it was only a dream!?! Golden days for sure.

That is a complement that when you hear Mr. Joel you think of me! How come though?

I noticed your blog is private, can I send you an e-mail (if so, to what address) to be formerly invited to read it and we can keep in touch and catch up via our blogs?

If you want to e-mail your e-mail to me so you don't have to post it yours, my e-mail is: punkrock_138@hotmail.com

See ya!