Monday, October 1, 2007

Doing the iPod Shuffle


Per Lacey's post here is my iPod shuffle below. But first to those interested-what you do is put your iPod on shuffle and go through the first 10 songs and see what comes up and you can't skip any embarrassing ones because that would be cheating!

1. "Junk Bond Trader" Elliott Smith.
I'm gonna be honest, I don't know the names of 99% of Elliott Smith's songs, though I love and listen to all his albums on a semi-frequent basis.

2. "North and South" The Clash.
Legendary band formed by a legendary man.

3. "Track 7" Ben Gibbard.
Yes, I burned a CD of acoustic material of Ben Gibbard (Death Cab For Cutie) from a friend. As I did this shuffle, I just wrote down the song names and Artists without actually listening to the tracks, so I don't know what song this really is...

4. "Young Pilgrim" The Shins.
Yep, never listened to this album, and yes, I know, I know, The Shins are amazing. I got it from a friend and have never ventured to listening to it yet, but will...someday.

5. "Collision" Saves The Day.
Great song from their first album, Can't Slow Down-their best, hands down.

6. "When Forever Comes" Converge.
Intense, blistering hardcore. Enough said.

7. "Hope" Descendents.
Can anyone say, "Classic?"

8. "Markovian Process" Bad Religion.
Ahh, Bad Religion. One of the first punk bands I was exposed to at a young age. Changed the way I listened to music and introduced me to a whole world of underground music that shaped my personality in more ways than I can count.

9. "Thirteen" Ben Kweller.
Ben Kweller always reminds me of my first semester or two at USU. Good times.

10. "The Whole Thing" The Bouncing Souls.
One of the most entertaining live bands of all time.

That wasn't all that painful! I thought for sure there would be some that I would really have to explain my way out of, but alas, they were all pretty standard, unembarrasing songs and Artists!

3 comments:

Lacey Jane said...

Sweet list, Jeremy! Haven't listend to Ben K. in awhile... thanks for the reminder!

Sarah said...

I love this game.Lacey for President!

Anonymous said...

Great idea!! I was so inspired that I went home and played the game and I'll post it soon. Thanks for the idea!