
I've been growing my beard since late July and I've almost reached my breaking point. It's not the beard as a whole that is what's getting to me, but the mustache part of the beard mostly. I don't know how people with awesomely-gnarly mustaches do it. They have all my respect and admiration. I can't eat or drink anything anymore without having to either:
1. wipe my face with a heavy duty napkin or paper towel of some sort or,
2. suck the liquid/food out of my stache that it catches in the process of eating/hydrating myself.
Gross, right? Yes.
Though I loathe not being able to eat or drink with ease, I can't help but want to keep my mustache for a day or so after I shave my beard come Saturday morning. I mean, it's there, why not utilize it for even a short time, especially when it can be gloriously displayed, like a trophy on a mantle, once the fluffy beard is out of the way? Guess I'm in a love/hate relationship with my facial hair-kind of creepy.
Monday, October 27, 2008
BEARDO-STACHE
Labels:
Misc.,
Thoughts/Thinking,
Venting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
When I shaved my beard I was going to leave a mustache for a few days. But after I had shaved I couldn't keep it. I looked like too much of a pedophile.
Roger, Roger, Roger-you're looking at it all wrong. When you looked in the mirror you should've thought, "Now there's a tuff cowboy mustache! Only real men can grow a real stache."
To not rock the stache is unpatriotic. When I see someone with a sincere mustache, I think of him as a person that enjoys freedom. You should keep the stache till after the election.
Curt-you make a point. The point of a true-blooded, freedom-loving American.
I sometimes miss my short-lived stache.
My dad had a masive stache for like 30 years and he ALWAYS had something in it. GROSS.
Post a Comment