Wednesday, October 8, 2008

DAY ONE


Yesterday we reached our, "Due date," if you can call it that. Shouldn't it be called something more like, "Estimation date?" Whatever. Anyways, for the last 9 months we've been on a countdown and yesterday we reached zero, so today we begin our new count, only now we're counting in the opposite direction, so shall we call it a countup? No matter what we call it, here we are at DAY ONE and hopefully we don't get any further.

I can't imagine carrying something around in my midsection for that long, especially the last six weeks. Hallie hasn't complained and has been amazing. Ironically, it seems like the complaining has been coming from me becoming increasingly anxious and impatient with the pending arrival. The last few days we've been walking every night, we've tried nearly every natural way of inducing labor that I've researched and still...nothing. Heck, the other night Hallie got her workout/yoga ball, sat down and started bouncing up and down on it. Looks like this kid is already as stubborn as us and if that's the case, we're in for it.

7 comments:

Parker and Vanessa said...

Good luck. If you really want to have her already...Hallie drink a milk of magnesia shake...I've heard it workd like a charm.

Anonymous said...

Yay I found your blog. I am now so happy for the two of you and your soon to be little babe.
P.S.- This is Michelle Korth
(now Michelle Lacy)

Jeremy said...

Thanks for the suggestion Vanessa/Parker!

And Michelle...so nice to hear from you! Hope all is well. We saw the wedding pictures Kellie did for you guys on her blog and they were great! Congrats on the wedding! Stop by our blog anytime!

Amanda said...

My friend that's a midwife told me to take castor oil! I did and it worked! Sure I was a little sick for a bit but we had a baby a few hours later.

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFMVeZyhagI

Push 'em out! Shove 'em out! Waaaaayyyyy out!

Thekrogwoman said...

Try curbwalking (I know, sounds stupid) but it's worked for most who do it. One foot on the curb, the other foot not. I walked about half my block and then turned around and did it home. I went into labor the next day (one week early). Good luck, but be patient. The baby will come when ready even though those last few days feel like an eternity!

Ashlee said...

Hang in there chick!! Do some jumping jacks and hold those pressure points in your feet! Or you know you could call crazy JOEY!! She made me start with Jaysa. Good Luck