
While driving to work today I sat in my car, doing my usual zoning out as I waited for a stop light to turn green. During this time I was keenly observing all the different kinds of people using the crosswalk directly in front of me. As I watched each person make their way across the street, one person stood out to me. It was a business man. But this was no ordinary suit-clad business-type, for there was one thing that made him stand out from the crowd. What was it you ask? Well, I shall tell you. And what I tell you, I mean no harm to this person's condition or do not mean to make light of it-however, it is the first thing I thought as I witnessed the true evolution of the pirates of old. This seemingly status-quo business man walked with confidence in his beautifully-pressed suit and briefcase in hand, but he was not like the rest, for he stepped forward with one foot and the next he stepped forward with his peg leg. That's right, peg leg. The storybook and movie pirates were the shrewdest of business men-very ruthless, and oftentimes donned the leg of peg. Times, styles, people-everything-has changed and so has the modern day pirate. They have adapted and become one of the working class, but they are still among us, oh yes, they are still among us. So I say to that business-pirate from 300 South and State, "Ahoy matey, ye sally forth in yer pursuits of the booty and I sally forth in mine."
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
The Evolution of a Pirate
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm intrigued. Was it really just a wood stump coming out the bottom of his pant leg? That is awesome. I pictured him with a slight mullet and an earring. I need more details.
Yes, Jesse, a wood stump coming out of his suit pants-a legit peg leg. He was as business-looking as any other downtown business drone (no offense to anyone of course). The peg just barely came out of the bottom of his pants, so not too noticeable to the careless onlooker, but being the pirate-enthusiast that I am, I saw it immediately.
The last comment was me-Jeremy-I don't know why is is showing up as being from Hallie...
Yes, they are out there and so are real live hero's. I'll have to keep an eye out when I'm down town.
man you crack me up.
Post a Comment