So I've been running at the gym a lot lately and have had some issues with my fellow gym members! Yesterday I get to the gym no one is on the treadmills ( yes! I have my pick) a row of 10, I go to the 3 one from the end (my favorite one), and wouldn't you know it someone comes and gets on the treadmill right next to me. Now my issue is that with all those other open treadmills why would you decide to run right next to someone you don't know? I usually try to space my self out at least 1 treadmill from someone else, unless it's really packed and you have to be close. But is this just me? I am now wondering since yesterday was my third experience with a close runner!
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
I'm like you. If I have the choice I never go right next to someone else. I think that's way weird that they came right next to you when there was a whole row open. I would have been totally bugged.
I totally agree! Why be next to another sweaty body when you have the choice to not?! It drove me crazy in my gym membership days. The only thing that kept me from moving was the entertainment on the tube above.
p.s. hi, I'm krista.
Hallie, I'm with you. Maybe that person LOVES that treadmill next to you and decided to forgo the usual etiquettes. But it would have driven me nuts and I would have cut my run short.
I'm glad i'm not the only one who feels this way! And Krista thanks for the comment, what also keeps me going is the tube, that's why my favorite treadmill is right in front of the TV and the big windows double visual!
that is funny! I am just proud of you that you are still working out. I suck.
Treadmills are like urinals. If you have the option to space out, then you should do it. Anyone who doesn't observe this rule in either case is not someone you want to know.
Well said Brady, well said.
That is so annoying! Some people are a little weird. Maybe they just wanted to get to know a new friend :) hehehe
maybe they just think you are hot.
Hallie. Email me katysamps@gmail.com because I'm making my blog private.
I'm the same way with restaurants. I hate it when the whole place is empty and then they seat some other couple practically on top of you, as if there was no where else to put them.
Boo!
I think some people treat gyms like social clubs and they are just there to meet people and I think that is weird.
I also agree with Ali. I hate it when restaurants try and sit people right next to each other when the whole place is open. I don't let them sit us next to other people if I see a lot of tables open.
Hallie- glad you found us, and I'm glad to find you. Sounds like things are going good. Take care o.k.
Ashley Rutledge
hey hal, email me at jaceelynsmith@yaho.com. we made our blog private.
Post a Comment