
...to my lovely wife!
5 Things I Love About Hallie: (in no particular order)
1. She understands all my quirks and appreciates how they make me who I am. ie: my love and fascination with skulls and skeletons, my extreme fondness for music-even if it's music she doesn't like, the fact that I enjoy 80s movies, select horror flicks, etc.
2. Her love for the Gospel and the dedication she has for her church callings and anything else she is asked to do or volunteers for.
3. Her beauty both inside and out.
4. Her kind nature and disposition.
5. The love and patience she shows for me.
Hallie-I Love You!
Also on this Valentine's Day I'd like to share a short story as a word of advice to those who are getting married or newly married and may not have learned this lesson about women yet:
Our first Valentine's Day as a married couple Hallie and I decided that we weren't going to do gifts for each other. We had only been married 3-4 months, were living in a crappy basement apartment in Logan and living in the college rut. Those were all the reasons we decided not to, but as I remember we had also just spent a lot of money on something and deemed it our gift to each other. Per our conversation about this and our decision we had made, I didn't get anything, not a card, not a flower-nothing. I thought about getting something anyway, but didn't want her to feel bad if she held to what we'd decided and really didn't get anything for me. This didn't go well. There were some hurt feelings on her part and some confusion on my part. Needless to say, on that first Valentine's Day, I learned that even if a woman says not to get her something-anything at all-you darn well better get something, anything, just in case, because it's the thought that counts! Guys-we don't think or feel in the same way women do, especially when it comes to sentimental things, remember that.
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Happy Valentine's Day...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Yea, we kind of said that this year, with our trip and all. Being a seasoned veteran of marriage, I did not fall for that one this time.
That is so cute what a great Valentine!!
true dat.
As a girl, I agree. We always want something--even just a nice gesture. Glad you are a quick learner Jeremy.
I love Hallie too! You've got a great wife!
nothing always means flowers or a yummy desert at least... love the photos!
Hallie's the best. I'm glad you two are still married after that Valentine's episode ;).
Post a Comment