
This last weekend a group of us (yes, all dudes) made the journey to the hollowed ground of Island Park, ID. Over the years our friend Curtis and his family have shared their beloved cabin with many friends, allowing us to create some of the most epic memories our minds are capable of storing.
Cabin trips have always meant a lot of things. Some of which include:
*Good old fashioned chill time with friends
*Epic rides on snowmobiles
*Wakeboarding/water skiing
*Ridiculous amounts of Mt. Dew
*Fires/fire stories
*Jumping off the garage into the massive amounts of snow
*Ernies/West Yellowstone
*Games
*Laughing
*Competition
The most important part of the cabin trips to me have always been the friendships that were made and/or solidified and the lasting effect and influence they have had.
In a form of nostalgic blowout, we had our last hurrah at the cabin in the foreseeable future. You see, our good friends Curtis and Ali will be making the move to D.C. early next month and so Curtis gathered some of the best together (though all were not able to come unfortunately) for one last trip before the big move.
As we made the drive up I thought to myself that the first time I went to the cabin I was only 15 or 16 and how much has happened in my life and the lives of my friends in that amount of time. We've all grown up so much and have become the adults, that in many ways, we never thought we could or would, yet here we are. But over this last weekend we were the same ridiculous teenagers we used to be and still are in some ways. It was an awesome time to be able to forget our present responsibilities and be renewed again-though I'm not sure any of us handled the lack of sleep, mass amounts of Mt. Dew, etc. the way we once could!
Thank you Curtis and thank you Smith family for all the memories!
-I didn't take too many pictures with my new D300, as I spent most of my free time reading the inch-thick manual. I did take some however and plan on posting them shortly, but in the meantime, Brad took a lot of awesome shots, has posted them and plans to post more here. Keep checking Brad's blog for great picture updates!
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Cabin Time
Labels:
Nostalgia,
Scanned Classics,
Stoked,
Thoughts/Thinking,
Travels
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
dito my good friend.
Post a Comment