Friday, July 25, 2008

REMEMBER WHEN?

I've seen this on a few friends blogs so I thought I'd play too...

1. Add a comment on our blog, leave one memory that you and I (you and I includes myself OR Hallie if you're leaving one for Hallie) had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. I can't wait to see what people remember!

21 comments:

Katy said...

This one is for Hallie. Remember when we dressed up in my old crushed velvet dance costumes and went and did a tap dance to ask Johnny to a dance. I still have the picture. Pretty dang funny.

Jesse C said...

Now I know he is one.

Rachel and Jason said...

Jeremy-
Remember when we were at work one morning and Hallie called and asked you to turn on the heater and/or pour hot water on her massage rocks(whatever it was to make them hot) because she had a hot rock massage later that morning? You went in and for whatever reason that possessed you took them all out and she got really mad at you? She had them all arranged and you blew it. HA! I pretty much heard grumblings from the both of you about the other. Pretty funny now, but very serious business then. Love you both! Wish we lived closer:)
Also...one word/name: Guillermo.

Lance said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Snake said...

Jeremy: Spring Break Do Or Die 2006. While Hiking to the hot spring...we all stopped to take a picture. You were trying to set up your camera on a rock so you could time it and get back in the picture. You were having difficulties and Hallie was trying to help you by giving suggestions. You said, in typical ornery Jeremy fashion..."I'll do what I'll do!" I actually recalled this experience to people around a game of settlers last night, so this post is good timing for me. Christine and I regularly say to each other these days, "I'll do what I'll do." You're awesome, man.

Anonymous said...

Jeremy I remember the first time I met you. Curt took me over to your house during christmas break and you had just barely beat some Star Wars game on Nintendo 64 and you were still in your pajamas and it was in the afternoon and Brady was there too, I had already seen the summer tape so I kinda new what to expect but I was not let down.

Unknown said...

To:Jeremy and Hallie,
Remember when we were all on spring break, and we were all very stinky because we had been camping for like 4 or 5 days, and we decided to bathe in Beautiful Lake Mead? What a memory. I hope your "different nerves" are doing ok. They must be, cause Hallies pregnant. I hope it's cool if I leave comments as I have yet to bloggify my life.

Jeremy said...

Jesse-you couldn't be more right. I'm glad you recognize.
Rachel-yep, I got in big trouble for that, didn't I? And you shouldn't have typed that name. It made me cringe.
Lance-actually I don't remember, but I'll bet it was sweet.
Blake-I remember right after yelling that I ran and jumped in the picture and I think I head-butted Hallie on accident trying to get in the shot in time-opps!
Brad-I'm so glad you brought that up. I love that story. At the time it didn't seem all that funny, but looking back at how ridiculous it really was and the fact that it was your very first time meeting me, I must've looked like the biggest weirdo/loser. Whenever people ask how you and I met initially, I tell them that story and can't help but laugh out loud.
Ty-the nerves are indeed fine. But there's no denying that water was life-threatening cold. No denying. And yes, please always leave comments, who cares if you don't have your own blog...yet.

Hallie said...

Katy- Yes i remeber dressing up and dancing on Jonny's doorstep that was so funny!

Rachel- remeber how Guillermo thought I was married to "Little Jeremy" he was the worst!

Lance-yes I still have those post on my dresser and they hold my jewlery!

Tyler-Yes, Jeremy can't handle cold water he has diffrent nerves than the rest of us. Maybe that's what makes him so diffrent?

Brady said...

Jeremy,

Spring Break 99 in St. George when you you tried to get a girl to flash you by using the line "I have a boob - do you?" while lifting your shirt up driving down the Boulevard, only to realize that the girl was Alisha Moss from Hillcrest. That was funny in and of itself, but much better because we spent the night before with her and her friends explaining how we were "nice guys."

Classic.

Jeremy said...

Brady-You are correct. 100% classic. However, let me defend my good name here a bit for those who weren't there:
As Brady stated, we had had a conversation with a group of girls about how nice guys always got the shaft from girls and how we were "nice guys." The next night we were driving down the Blvd. in St. George which was a mecca for high school dirt bag guys and gals and they were all picking up on each other, so I thought it would be amusing to make fun of them and act like a complete idiot. What came out was the best split-second mocking I could come up with and well, instead of making all the dirt bag guys-yelling stuff out the car at girls-look stupid and ridiculous, I'm the one that turned out looking that way. Guess that's what they call Karma.

Jesse C said...

Hallie,

I remember how concerned you were that we remain friends when you and Jeremy started dating. It was really nice of you.


Jeremy,

I remember how you came to pick me up in the desert in Nevada on multiple occasions when my car died.

I remember that you and Brady taught me and Jim how to downhill skateboard by putting us on new school decks and sending us down a very steep and gravel-filled St. George road. You did like us, right?

Katy said...

Oh the good times Rigid had!! Did Billy ever know that Eliza saw his butt? Ooopss!

Thekrogwoman said...

Jeremy,
Brady's memory was just that...classic! It took me back!

My favorite memories are going to the knolls camping. I loved our camping trips. I loved sitting up all night under the stars and talking till my voice was horse due to lack of sleep. I'll never forget sitting up one particular time with you and Kevin around the fire talking about absolutely nothing, and we came up with the 'question mark cluster' which was a faint cluster of stars that looked like a question mark. I think we went on to discuss the question mark cluster for like an hour. However, look up to the stars on any given night and there you'll see the 'question mark cluster'. I smile every time I do.

Thekrogwoman said...

P.S...

Yes, I do remember hitting you and I'm still sorry. I've softened up a lot since then! :O)

James said...

Jeremy,

I share stories about you to people who don't know you and I just don't think they get it.

Junior Year Chemistry Class. Huge cardboard recycling box in the back of the room. Blowing up gum rappers, paper clips, and huge metal shelf holders in the light-sockets.

I remember when we lived up on 8th east at USU and it was still pretty cold but we talked you into going out to the street just in your pink speedo and saying "I think Sping is on it's way" to all of the students walking home from class.

Cowboy roomate picture.

I remember how gay we accidentally made you look in that video up at Curt's cabin.

I remember when you won the final roller skating class routine at USU. I remember that you skated to "The EYE of the Tiger" but that you started out skating to an EFY song. I remember at one point you were so tired during your routine that you fell down and then started log rolling around.

I remember when you died your hair black and your eye brows. I remember that I wasn't that nice because I drew pictures of you with your black hair and black eye brows on the white board at our house.

I remember when I saw you kissing Jake's old girlfriend. That was amazing.

I remember when you said "Every time I come out of the closet it feels like I am being reborn again." And then you immediately regretted it.

I remember feeling so bad at how stressed you were that summer selling Living Scriptures. I think the skin on your hands was actually falling off at one point. Sorry dude.

I remember camping out by some cows all night in Panaca, NV. I remember camping in that Parking lot in Panaca, and then telling the park ranger that we were not camping but we were just resting (while we were in our sleeping bags and laying on cots).

I remember in Elko you were really set on meeting girls and getting married. One day while at the library you saw a cute girl who left the library and by the time you built up the courage to go and talk to her you had to run after her to catch up. Then you returned pretty deflated and told us she turned out to be 15 years old (you were 22, right?)

Christine said...

Jeremy and Hallie,

I remember when we told you that I was pregnant with Sam. I think we were going through the drive through at McDonalds late and night, and Hallie started to cry. She was more excited about my pregnancy than I was.

Hallie, I still remember your mad dancing skills and how Jeremy is usually unimpressed and wants you to sit down when you start up. However, you just dance more in his face. That's the best.

Christine said...

By the way, I was happy that I was pregnant with Sam. I just couldn't muster tears over it I guess. I hope I didn't send the wrong picture.

Shelby said...

I'm totally late to get on this bandwagon, but I have to write this memory. There are so many things that I can think about when it comes to you, Jeremy, that I laugh out loud. But...my favorite of all, and I'm sure one of your least favorite, was at Ultimate Frisbee when you got hit in the crotch. I laugh just thinking about it and how you had to go to the hospital. Of course I'm a girl, so it's funnier to me since I can't really empathize with you, but still. Hilarious.

Jeremy said...

Shelby-
I'm glad my throwing up and subsequent hospital visit has found a warm place in your heart. My stomach still hurts when I think of that! The funny part was when I was at the Dr. office getting checked out to make sure I wasn't permanently damaged (guess I'm fine since we're expecting) and the Dr. who did the look around in my nether regions was an attractive female Dr. That was AWKWARD. And equally as awkward was when she called me at home later that night after checking things out for me down there to see how I was doing. That was the first and only time in my life I've had a Dr. call me to see how I was doing after an appointment of any kind. Hmm...?

Hallie said...

I totally remember that christine and i felt so stupid that I was crying in the drive thru at McDonalds!